I stumbled upon this thread. It learns me that the ISA CF adapter will not work with the Sidecar because of conflicts in the BIOS. This can be solved, but I don't have the skills nor knowledge to perform this.
So this is the outcome at this time of the ISA CF adapter adventure.
I tried the Western Digital Filecard and it worked a few times. After that the Amiga partition vanished. So it's not reliable anymore.
I digged up the A1060 sidecar and connected it to my spare A1000. While it booted fine, it did not recognize the floppy diskdrive. So I thougt I format and prepare a harddisk, connect it to the ISA CD adapter, and hope the Sidecar would boot from it. It didn't. It repeats bleeping when the floppy diskdrive is needed, the drive's light blinks for two seconds and it starts over to check the RAM. And over and over again.
I now believe the floppy disk drive is faulty. As I have no spare I need to get one.
To be continued.
I have an Amiga A1060 Sidecar. This is a fully functional IBM XT PC for use with the Amiga 1000. In the Sidecar was a Western Digital 30MB Filecard. This is a harddisk controller with attached harddisk.
This harddisk got faulty, so I tried to obtain a new one, but i couldn't find one. Now I will try to get an XT-compatible ISA-card to work. I bought a kit. It has a 40-pin connector to connect harddisks or CF adapters.
That was the kit and now soldered together:
I will keep you informed!
One of the C64's I have would not boot. The led came on, but the screen remained dark. I swapped the PLA chip 906114-01 from another C64 and it then worked OK. If you search for this chip you will notice that it's quite expensive. That's because, like the SID, it will go bad at some point in time. So it becomes rare.
Several alternatives are available and I chose the Commodore C64 PLA 906114-01 redesign with M27C512-90B6 EPROM from Vintage Computers. I also bought the SwindSID from here.
I received the PLA this week, installed it and it works fine.
This week I moved the van into storage and the PV544 out of it.
There was some work to do: The indicators were very weak and the windscreen washer did not function at all. As these functions are mandatory at the periodical legal test so I had to repair these immediately. This is a 6V car you know...
I cleaned some ground wires at the battery and the fusebox and all was well with the indicators, but the control light on the dashboard did not work. I tried to repair the flasher but eventually it got bad. So I ordered a replacement, which is also suited for LED's. I may replace some bulbs for LED's if that is going to work with 6V.
The gears in the pump for the washer were full of lime and I had to dismantle it fully to get it functioning again.