I recently noticed that the rubber windows scraper on the moulding of the left rear door was loose.
As I had a spare one, I thought I could simply replace it. It proved wrong. Removing was easy, but getting the replacement on was a struggle. I had to dismantle the inner door- and windows handles, upholstery and window rail. The upholstery hardboard was very wet and broken and the rail was rusted.
So I ordered them through the Webshop of the Classic Volvo Owners club. They arrived after a day or two. Replacement was quite straightforward. For the upholsterypanel I had to shorten the staples I had from 6 to 3 mm. Using a sidecutter cutting 3 staples at once proved to be the easiests way.
I also put some plastic sheet between the door and the upholstery panel to keep the water out.
Crasbe from a1k.org crafted a new network device for suitable for every Amiga computer with OS2.0+.
It's a set of self developped PCB's and some parts that are readily available. There are different versions for A1000 and other Amiga computers. The NIC has a flashchip and can be flashed with the use of an USBasp device.
I have build this piece of hardware but haven't succeeded yet in getting it working.
Eventually it worked by using the plipbox.device version 0.5 in stead of 0.6 as advertised. Deflating the plipbox.device version 0.6 ZIP-file on the Amiga in stead of the PC, finally makes it work with version 0.6!
Because this site is suffering from heavy comment spam, comments are disabled after 90 days.
Last winter I had some problems with the brake servo on my Amazon. This brake servo is from a brand called Powertune and it is likely to be made in China. The problem was it wouldn't work after the car had some weeks not being used. By applying a strong foot on the brake pedal it would come loose and work again. This winter this also didn't work: it just stopped working at all.
So I went to my local workshop and the mechanic advised to install a new one. He used a Powertune again, because this unit is much cheaper than a genuine Lockheed. This unit would work but with some flaws. It had a retarded reaction on the foot. After applying the brakes firmly the servo would come in but after a second. Releasing the brake pedal it also released the brakes a second or so later. This is very annoying.
So I got in my car to visit the mechanic again, but now it works much better. Not as smooth as it should be but the retarding is almost gone.
I pre-ordered one of those new exiting version 2 accelerator boards for the Amiga 600 designed and made by Majsta and the Apollo team. I can't wait to get my hands on one!
Among the features are:
- Fastest ever CPU emulation
- 128MB RAM
- HDMI video output
- SD card storage integrated
- Core updatable direct through the Amiga
If you are interested to buy one yourself, go to Kipper2k's website.