Last month I discovered that the sound of my Amiga 4000 desktop computer did not work. The battery backed clock also did not keep the right time any more. Time to get it overhauled. As I do not have enough skills for this I asked in the A1k.org forums for someone to carry this out. Luckily it was the user milo who wanted to do that for me.
As you can see from the pictures below (before and after) he did a terrific job in a very short time and did'nt ask too much for it. Recommended.
He used ceramic capacitors in stead of the usual electrolytic ones. These ceramic capacitors cannot leak. He also replaced the battery with a coin type. I'm very happy with the result. Thanks milo!
The paintjob of the Volvo PV 544 is finished. I am very pleased with the result. I can recommend the guys who accomplished this: Thema in Stompwijk.
Every owner of a Vampire V2 for the Amiga 600 knows the problem: the Vampire has HDMI out but the positioning of the connector is not very useful. The floppy is in the way using normal HDMI cables/connectors. Besides, normal HDMI cables are way too inflexible.
Some time ago I stumbled upon this. Not cheap but promising. So I ordered one and tested it. I think it's a very nice solution to the problem.
In the mean time I have desoldered the RF-modulator from the A600 motherboard. So I can now find a way to attach the outgoing cable connector to the motherboard.
It was time to get the PV544 (from 1961) repainted. It has been sitting for more than 20 years in storage without any maintenance. The paint was so dull and I couldn't get it to shine again. So I invited some paint shops to make an offer.
Now, the car is under treatment. The job started in august 2016 and will take several months to complete. I will get this post updated every now and then.
Most of the body, mud guards, doors, hood etc. have the paint be removed and a primer sprayed on.